CNBC released its annual rankings of top states for business today and the list was led by states with Republican governors.
- 4 of 5 top states have GOP governors
- 8 of 10 top states have GOP governors
- 12 of 15 top states have GOP governors
Additionally, more states with GOP governors topped this year’s list than one year ago. In 2011:
- 3 of 5 top states had GOP governors
- 6 of 10 top states had GOP governors
- 11 of 15 top states had GOP governors
The CNBC rankings follow a report published July 6 showing that states with new Republican governors are lowering their states unemployment rates at a faster pace than states with new Democratic governors.